The rights of members
- Advocacy, advice and support
- A listening ear – a place to voice concerns, share ideas and chat!
- Voting (at AGM)
The benefits of being a member
The most compelling reason is that it gives you an opportunity to be part of the outdoors community, to contribute to the potential influence of Outdoors Queensland (giving us a stronger voice) and to make a difference.
Other reasons or benefits to include:
- Your own Member Page (all, except Individuals, will get a basic page that can be further enhanced)
- Use of the Outdoors Queensland member logo.
- Features / listings in the new Activity section of website
- Mentions/features in social media and the eNewsletter (eg video interviews, how to’s)
- Discounted event tickets and shop purchases
- Quarterly eNewsletter (general public published monthly)
- Invitations to special events, consultations, workshops
- Access to the Outdoors Queensland social media for promotion
- Access to the What’s On calendar
- Direct access to Outdoors Queensland staff members
- Job advertising (web, social media and eNewsletter)
- Use of Outdoors Queensland created resources – posters, memes, guides, factsheets. (which might include an option to co-brand)
- Networking opportunities – face to face & online
In addition, financial members will get a secondary ‘read access only’ login they can share with colleagues – so they can access the ‘behind firewall’ content. And/or a discount code for use at the Shop (under consideration)
What we expect of you as an Outdoors Queensland member …
- Reading and committing to our Code of Ethics
- Operating under the Outdoors Queensland Constitution.
- No abusive behaviour (in all its various forms)
- Attending events where possible
- Voting at AGM (or providing proxy)
- Maintaining your Member Page
- Keeping contact person / key staff details up to date.
- Completing surveys – doing surveys means we can better represent ‘your’ needs and the sector’s best interests.
- Providing feedback
- Displaying linked member logo on website
- Liking, following Outdoors Queensland social media
- Attending webinars
- Willingness to discuss discounts to other members.
- Reading monthly eNews (not unsubscribing)
- Sharing/making available our eNewsletters to staff and colleagues
- Keeping subscription payments up to date
Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions relate to your rights and responsibilities as a member
- Fee Payments
- Renewal invoices will be sent out a month prior to the anniversary of your membership.
- Payment is expected within 14 days
- Direct debit and auto renewal options are preferred
- Cancellations / terminations – conditions by which a member will be removed from member list and all privileges revoked
- A Member resigns by notice in writing to the Company;
- A Member ceases to have the power to so appoint the Representative; or
- A Member becomes insolvent or bankrupt: or
- A Member fails to pay membership fees a month after being sent a second notice