Small Business Adaption Grants
$10,000 grants available to help businesses counter the impact of COVID-19
Posted on 21.05.2020
The COVID-19 pandemic is having significant impacts on the ongoing viability of Queensland small businesses, including income, activity and supply chains. In response, the Queensland Government has announced a Worker Assistance Package that aims to assist employees and businesses who have lost their jobs or income as a result of the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
A key part of the Worker Assistance Package is the Small Business Adaption Grant Program (the Program), which will assist small businesses in Queensland with a payroll less than $1.3 million who have been forced into hibernation, or those who have experienced a significant structural adjustment or forced re-pivoting of their business operations as a result of the pandemic. The Program will be administered by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT).
The objective of this program is to support small businesses subject to closure or highly impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) shutdown restrictions announced by the Queensland Government, to adapt and sustain their operations, and build resilience. The available grant amount is up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible small or micro business. The funding can be used towards the following:
- financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- building the business through marketing and communications activities, for example, content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- digital/technological strategy development
- digital training or re-training to adapt to new business models
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 SAFE requirements
- specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering)
meeting business costs, including utilities, rent.
All small businesses and micro businesses registered and operating in Queensland can apply, as well as those small businesses and micro businesses who may be operating outside of Queensland but have a Queensland headquarters. To be eligible, the business must:
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
Only 1 application will be accepted from an individual ABN or a financial beneficiary of a business.
The program is now OPEN.
An applicant must only submit the applicant’s own original answers. Applications that are found to have been derived from a third party will be considered invalid. An applicant who does not properly comply with the application process will be ineligible to receive the grant or receive funding under further Programs run by DESBT.
For detailed information please refer to:
For more information about the grants or advice on your application, please contact the Small Business Hotline on 1300 654 687 or email email@example.com
Have a story to tell or news to share?
Let us know by Submitting a News Story