Connecting with Outdoors Queensland
Connect with Outdoors Queensland using social media and improve your social media presence
- Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Instagram – we follow you back!
- Subscribe to us on YouTube – we’ll subscribe to you too!
- Use Instagram and tag images #outdoorsqueensland – they are linked back to your Instagram account, that is linked to your website …
- Put up videos on YouTube – make sure they are linked back to your website! Tell us and we’ll share them on YouTube, Facebook… and Instagram!
Engage, comment, post and share – make yourself visible by taking part online!
And don’t forget to make sure your:
- Social media links are clearly evident on your website?
- Contact Us button is easy to find (or is it hiding at the bottom of the page?)
- Email signature includes your website, your phone number and your social media contacts
Be seen on the Outdoors Queensland website
- Become a member and get your own page – promote, inform and advertise.
- Send us your newsletters – and links to them online – and we’ll share them in our eNewsletters, and social media
- Send us stories and news items – they will be seen on our Home page and in the News section. They might even become a ’featured’ story!
- Add an event to What’s On – promote what you do and when you do it!
- Check out the Shop – write a book review (include your website or email or …)
- Suggest a new book we should carry!
- Have you written a manual, a guidebook or an eBook you’d like to sell through QORF?
- Advertise on our website – financial members will get discount rates
- Got something to say? Write a guest blog article for our website … make sure you link it back!
- Do you have a particularly interesting or useful resource, fact sheet or slide show you could share with others in the Resources section? Make yourself an expert and people with naturally want to know more – they’ll follow the link.
Send us photos and images for the Gallery, include your logo – we’ll make sure they are credited and linked back to you. (please ensure all images are the very best quality!)
- Attend Outdoors Queensland and other industry events – hand out contact cards with social media addresses as well as email and websites. Collect the names and contact details of everyone you meet or visits your stand – then send them a message, find them on Facebook and like their company pages, suggest they connect with you – engage!
- Use QR codes to attract and link potential clients with your website or social media platforms
- Other commonly used social media platforms you might want to consider (carefully*) are Google+, Pinterest and Slideshare and … there are lots out there!
* Does it reach my target audience? Is it worth the investment in time and effort?