The rights of members
- Advocacy, advice and support
- A listening ear – a place to voice concerns, share ideas and chat!
- Voting (at AGM)
The benefits of being a member
The most compelling reason is that it gives you an opportunity to be part of the outdoors community, to contribute to the potential influence of Outdoors Queensland (giving us a stronger voice) and to make a difference.
Other reasons or benefits to include:
- Your own Member Page (all, except Individuals, will get a basic page that can be further enhanced)
- Use of the Outdoors Queensland member logo.
- Features / listings in the new Activity section of website
- Mentions/features in social media and the eNewsletter (eg video interviews, how to’s)
- Discounted event tickets and shop purchases
- Quarterly eNewsletter (general public published monthly)
- Invitations to special events, consultations, workshops
- Access to the Outdoors Queensland social media for promotion
- Access to the What’s On calendar
- Direct access to Outdoors Queensland staff members
- Job advertising (web, social media and eNewsletter)
- Use of Outdoors Queensland created resources – posters, memes, guides, factsheets. (which might include an option to co-brand)
- Networking opportunities – face to face & online
- Referral credits (NEW)*
In addition, financial members will get a secondary ‘read access only’ login they can share with colleagues – so they can access the ‘behind firewall’ content. And/or a discount code for use at the Shop (under consideration)
If any existing financial member of Outdoors Queensland (either individual or organisational member) refers a new member (individual or organisational member) who joins, then the existing member who referred the new member is allocated a credit of 10% of the value of the first year of the new membership, ex GST.
Associate Member A refers new Individual member B
B signs up at the Individual member rate: $100.00 plus GST
Member A receives an $10.00 credit against next membership renewal.
Referring member acknowledged in eNewsletter
- Only available to current financial members.
- Multiple referral credits max out when referring member renewal fee reached.
- Credit only applied once – does not apply to subsequent membership renewals.
What we expect of you as an Outdoors Queensland member …
- Reading and committing to our Code of Ethics
- Operating under the Outdoors Queensland Constitution.
- No abusive behaviour (in all its various forms)
- Attending events where possible
- Voting at AGM (or providing proxy)
- Maintaining your Member Page
- Keeping contact person / key staff details up to date – completing the annual Member Notification and Covenant Form*
- Completing surveys – doing surveys means we can better represent ‘your’ needs and the sector’s best interests.
- Providing feedback
- Displaying linked member logo on website
- Liking, following Outdoors Queensland social media
- Attending webinars
- Willingness to discuss discounts to other members.
- Reading monthly eNews (not unsubscribing)
- Sharing/making available our eNewsletters to staff and colleagues
- Keeping membership payments up to date
* The Member Notification and Covenant Form is a requirement of the Outdoors Queensland Constitution and is used to confirm who will be your representative for the next twelve months, and your agreement to be bound by the Outdoors Queensland’s Constitution.
Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions relate to your rights and responsibilities as a member
- Fee Payments
- Renewal invoices will be sent out in the month of the anniversary of your membership.
- Payment is expected within 30 days
- Direct debit and auto renewal options are preferred
- Direct EFT credit, online payments, or credit card by phone (surcharge) accepted.
- Cancellations / terminations – conditions by which a membership will be terminated and all privileges revoked
- A Member resigns by notice in writing to the Company;
- A Member ceases to have the power to appoint a Representative; or
- A Member becomes insolvent or bankrupt: or
- A Member fails to pay membership fees a month after being sent a 60 day second reminder.