Back to About QORF
QORF takes its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) seriously and will take all reasonable steps in order to comply with the Act and protect the privacy of the personal information that it holds. This Policy sets out how it intends to do so.
- This Policy applies to customers/clients/candidates and staff, who provide us with their personal information.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information we hold. This will include appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored and generated in hard copy.
- Personal information is collected for the purpose of:
- Processing payments;
- Delivering on QORF’s legitimate functions and activities;
- Assessing an individual’s suitability for a position or type of job;
- Business planning purposes, including, but not limited to career path development, the provision of appropriate training opportunities, maintenance of accurate Personnel Files;
- To comply with our legal requirements, e.g.: Work Cover and taxation obligations.
- Individuals will be provided with access to the personal information that QORF holds about them.
- Individuals who have complaints about privacy practices or about how their personal information is managed should contact the Executive Officer, in writing, who shall deal with the matter under the Grievance and Disputes Procedure.
- QORF at times may contract out data storage or processing functions. Should this occur in the future, the organisation undertakes to ensure that measures to protect the information are part of the contract obligations and arrangements with our service providers.
Where it is lawful and practicable, individuals will have the option of not identifying themselves and operating anonymously, when entering into transactions with QORF.