Let us help you keep track of your time!
Wall Planner 2021
The Wall Planner can be found on the office walls and desktops of hundreds of outdoor activity enthusiasts around Queensland (and even further afield too!)
The 2021 edition of the Outdoors Queensland Wall Planner is now ready for you to download FREE of charge.
Tips on using your Wall Planner
- Get it up on the wall somewhere you will see it every day.
- Circle all the National Days and Public Holidays that are relevant to you and your business, for most sectors there are usually one, two or three obviously relevant days, but there are usually another handful of days which are important.
- Look ahead at the events coming up and decide which ones you are going to do, then circle the dates and the deadlines.
- You should be constantly developing and updating your Wall Planner as time goes by, adding in new events and activities which are relevant to you.
“Time management” is the process of organizing and planning how to divide your time between specific activities. Good time management enables you to work smarter – not harder – so that you get more done in less time, even when time is tight and pressures are high. Failing to manage your time damages your effectiveness and causes stress.
It seems that there is never enough time in the day. But, since we all get the same 24 hours, why is it that some people achieve so much more with their time than others? The answer lies in good time management.
The highest achievers manage their time exceptionally well. By using the time-management techniques in this section, you can improve your ability to function more effectively – even when time is tight and pressures are high.
Good time management requires an important shift in focus from activities to results: being busy isn’t the same as being effective. (Ironically, the opposite is often closer to the truth.)
Spending your day in a frenzy of activity often achieves less, because you’re dividing your attention between so many different tasks. Good time management lets you work smarter – not harder – so you get more done in less time.
“Time management” refers to the way that you organize and plan how long you spend on specific activities.
It may seem counter-intuitive to dedicate precious time to learning about time management, instead of using it to get on with your work, but the benefits are enormous:
- Greater productivity and efficiency.
- A better professional reputation.
- Less stress.
- Increased opportunities for advancement.
- Greater opportunities to achieve important life and career goals.
Failing to manage your time effectively can have some very undesirable consequences:
- Missed deadlines.
- Inefficient work flow.
- Poor work quality.
- A poor professional reputation and a stalled career.
- Higher stress levels.
Spending a little time learning about time-management techniques will have huge benefits now – and throughout your career.
Beat Work Overload. Be More Effective. Achieve More.
With effective time management, you can take control of your time and get on top of your to-do list. Get started by having a look at how good your time management skills are right now, with our quiz.
Then dive right into the core skills of time management: prioritization, scheduling and focus. Explore the historical theories and approaches to time management to understand what’s right for you. Plus, we’ll help you to deal with some common time management challenges such as lateness, dead time and interruptions.
Finally, inspire yourself by learning how to set goals, and discover what it is that motivates you.